Bounty to Emiliano – a chance to setup a Developer Mining program?

Thanks @tom and @emilianobonassi – definitely need more quantitative data to assert if the compensation is appropriate, and I think we have plenty of good data point to get there.

I agree this would be Pilot League’s scope, and we should set up a framework to handle dev flow.

If we look at UMA’s framework, ideas (which can be taken from our roadmap) are “up for grabs”, but there’re no limits of what a developer could build or receive rewards for. This way, developers are encouraged to create their own ideas and, when ready, follow the governance process (which would be lighter if there’s code attached). We can even have the Pilot League recurrently proposing grants to develop the most requested features (eg community snapshot to select 2-3 features → dev grants applications → [eventually, gov process to set parameters] → features release).

I’d say that the time and effort required to build those strategies would be comparable to the Smart Treasury development&deployment (reward there was 1000 $IDLE). If we then account for deployment cost, I think we can nail the reward down to a more specific amount. But remember that, overall, we’re rewarding the contribution here, not only opex. And having yEarn using Idle is reflecting also in terms of ecosystem awareness.

I think something useful could be a good Dune dashboard to monitor referrals’ performance, with the KPIs mentioned by @tom. Something like a referral TVL/fees leaderboard might be interesting to see (with Harvest, and other integrators ofc).

To start, I’ve set this simple dashboard up to see deposit/redeem events and referrals for Idle (Best-Yield only currently):

If you filter for 0xd0579bc5c0f839ea2bcc79bb127e2f39801903e2 (Emiliano’s referral address, which is in the strategies’ contracts) you would see multiple deposits that lead to ~1M USDC and ~11.5 BTC mentioned at the time of writing.

We can def get to a more structured dashboard, and keen to hear more suggestions on KPIs/datavizs.

To move forward with this, we would like to come up with a Snapshot poll for our community and get a consensus on the amount. We’d be waiting few more days to see if other community members want to share more inputs on this.

6 Likes