Governance Mining Program - Retrospective Analysis

Thank you for your thorough analysis of the Gov Mining Program @BSBA_Bocconi team :clap:

I agree with your conclusions, and shifting the effort/budget on the product side makes sense to me. In that regard, we can assume that the current product offering is mainly utilized by either integrators like Shapeshift/Swissborg/Yearn/Spool or sophisticated DeFi users (both individual and firms).

Both of them require a deep level of understanding of how the products work and the financial metrics associated with them – I think some $IDLE budget can be dedicated towards initiatives that help increase awareness and give valuable insights, eg:

• Dedicated product dashboards (could be Dune/Grafana/others) that show a higher level of detail, in order to keep the main dashboard less overwhelming – this could fit with historical data and projections about DAO revenues for the products, similar to what IndexCoop has for their ETH basket product.
  • Retrospective analysis of the core mechanism behind the product suite, eg for the BY’s rebalance process (historical allocations’ profitability, rebalance cost analysis) or PYTs’ adaptive yield split (Senior/Junior ratio historical behavior and possible optimization), which could be distributed via articles/twitter threads.
  • Real-time product-related bots that allow users and community to automatically be up to date with the latest metrics or changes in the product suite (eg Twitter/TG/Discord bots that track IIPs, rebalance/harvest events, changes in the adaptive yield split).

Ofc happy to hear more ideas, but starting from this kind of product-related materials would help, as you concluded, accelerate the growth of the customer base, and also give you the tools/data to produce further informational/educational materials (like this paper) that can start from Idle DAO product suite (which includes multiple DeFi primitives) to explain DeFi in all its facets. I wouldn’t be surprised if the joined effort of universities like Bocconi would reach policymakers and institutions to help educate, shape, and consolidate the DeFi space.

Glad to have further chats with you and see where you guys can fit in these activities.

5 Likes