Create a community analytics dashboard that provides as much depth and statistics as possible about the IDLE protocol . The initial idea was discussed in this post and came up multiple times on Telegram and Discord conversations.
Therefore the Pilot League committee has decided to take this initiative forward and implement this project for the Idle community . We are keen to see applications from our community members (all DeFi builders are definitely welcomed).
The analytics dashboard can be developed using different platforms and protocols; a couple of possible implementation are:
- Building a Dune Analytics [duneanalytics.com] dashboard (Idle v4 contracts are already indexed there)
- Deploying a subgraph to index Idle smart contracts (as suggested by 8bitporkchop here) and build an analytics front-end on top of the subgraph.
A good reference is the analytics page from Harvest here https://farmdashboard.xyz/. IDLEs analytics page should have similarities in terms of the depth of data provided.
Also, 8bitporkchop dashboard https://explore.duneanalytics.com/dashboard/idle_v4 has lots of good statistics and info about IDLE which should be included.
Budget: The quote in $IDLE to deliver the Proposal is in a range from 0 to 400 $IDLE. The Pilot League Committee will reward the selected applicants in proportion to the final outcome. In this way, the grant proposal is flexible and applicants can pick few or all parameters.
1. Scope of the Work
Mandatory requirements for the analytics page must collect parameters not listed in any other dashboard:
- $IDLE Token Holders
- Unique users
- (Growth) New Unique Users / Week
- IDLE price
- IDLE Price Chart
- Idle Total Profit Earned Breakdown
- Idle Total Rebalances
- FeeCollector balance over time
- Smart Treasury focus: Total swap volume, Total swap fee, $BAL rewards, funds received by FeeCollector, $IDLE buyback
- Rebalancer balance over time
- FeeTreasury balance over time
- Idle Pools APYs (including $IDLE)
- Governance overview (on-chain and off-chain voting stats)
- Calculator where users can easily get an estimate of potential rewards from pools for both APY, IDLE & COMP distribution.
Nice to have parameters include protocol-related data:
- Total amount spent on Rebalances (In USD)
- Idle Rebalance AUM with Gas
- Daily USD Spent on Rebalances
- USD Amount of Idle Rebalanced
- Rebalance USD Spend (GAS) - Breakdown per idleToken
- Idle Rebalance AUM with Gas
- Number of idleTokens Holders
- Total value locked (also split by pools)
- Daily, weekly, monthly tracking of movements in Pools (entries/exits)
- Daily, weekly, monthly graph that keeps track of each specific idleToken and how much has entered/exited throughout those time frames.
- Weekly profits (fees earned)
- Historical cumulative Fees Earned Over Time (In USD)
- Gas Fees Used
- Total fees accrued
Low-priority parameters are optional
- Liquidity, trades, price, charts on all pools where IDLE is available (ex. Sushi, Uniswap, Balancer)
- Track trades on all exchanges
- Track Liquidity on all exchanges
- Gas Price, BTC & ETH price
- dashboard section with direct links to exchanges
- Link or visual integration of Trello’s roadmap to see what has been recently accomplished.
2. Discussion Links
IDLE Analytics Site
3. Application Window
The dev application window will open from when this post is created and will be open until 2021-03-17T17:00:00Z. This may be extended up to 24 hours.
4. How to apply
Candidates should provide the following information:
- Bio & Background: Briefly introducing yourself (or the team) and past works. Applicants can remain anonymous, but past works should be mandatory to evaluate the skills of the developer.
- Technology Specs: Specify tech & approach you will use to develop the Proposal
- Timeline: Provide a roadmap/timeline for the assignment
When the open candidacy period ends, the Pilot League Committee will discuss the applications. The final winner(s) will be announced in the governance forum here .
The winner(s) will not immediately receive the Grant, but rewards will be assigned once the proposal lands off-chain .