[Idea for Pilot League] Gitcoin Prices Sponsorship

Thanks to anyone for the support for the Gitcoin hackathon, I’m glad to see our community endorsing this kind of initiative! :clap:

Re Flash Loans (@tom @VarietyDavids @unicorn):

I understand your concerns, and I’d like to make a couple of things clearer – flash loans would enable users to borrow instantly and easily, with no collateral needed, as long as the liquidity is returned to the pool within one block. If this does not happen, the whole transaction is reversed to effectively undo the actions executed until that point. This guarantees the safety of the funds in the pool. Use-cases include arbitrage, collateral swapping, self-liquidation, and many more.

Hence, implementing flash loans in Idle would not constitute an attack vector because Idle protocol would offer a flash loan service. In all previous hacks/exploits that happened in DeFi, flash loans were a medium (and amplifier), not the root of the hack.

For flash loans directed to Idle, we have a safeguard insofar it’s not possible to mint&redeem idleTokens within the same block.

I’m sure @william can definitely add more color to this from a technical perspective!

Re League Budget Tightness (@unicorn)

We got your back on that :slightly_smiling_face: as reported in the Emiliano’s bounty post:

But the point you brought up gives us another signal that we should start a recurrent reporting for budget/expenses for Leagues and Protocol. We are working on that :wink:

Therefore, the current budget that the League can dedicate to this initiative (+ committee operations) is currently 4.6k $IDLE.

10 Likes