IDLE Launch - Now the hard work begins

Nice ideas @8bitporkchop. The second proposal might be a good starting point, to encourage idea generation.
Yearn Finance and Synthetix proposed and approved similar initiatives, here I list some references:

The majority voted in favor in the poll, but some members pointed out that this might incentivize spam from people that post many superficial ideas at the early stage just to secure some bounties.
A guy proposed to add a slashing mechanism, but this will disincentivize members to share ideas, I don’t think that this will work. There are no evidences in those forums that show a decrease of proposals’ quality, so it seems to be effective without penalties.

Both protocols implemented a $500 bounty in token, it’s a balanced amount. I see that in YFI the initial proposal consisted of redirecting part of the performance fees in a dedicated fund. As Idle has not a cash flow that is comparable to the Yearn’s one, I think that the use of a small portion of the Ecosystem Fund would be the proper solution at this time (and it can be changed in the future).

2 Likes