IDLE token improvement proposals

Welcome to the gov forum, @matus.eth! It’s great to have you here, and I’m glad you’re kicking off ideas to improve the utility of IDLE.

I agree with you that the utility of the IDLE token can be improved, especially towards the product suite and its usage.

Currently, the stkIDLE staking model is based on VeTokenomics, but we’ve observed that the Gauges module is not really adequate for yield strategies as it’s been for AMM pools, so the community decided to lower the incentives on that side. This is fine, as we need to continually evaluate our staking model to ensure it remains effective and relevant to our community’s needs.

Regarding the options you suggested:

1. stkIDLE for premium features: this is interesting and could work well for new Yield Tranches that get released over time – would be useful to test if there’s interest for this kind of feature among the current customer base
  2. Safety Module backstop: this option can give even more value to the Senior side and it’s implemented by other DAOs like Aave, however, I’m not a big fan of this model because if the staking assets are used as a backstop (so likely need to be converted into other assets), it could create a higher-impact negative flywheel during turmoil events.
  3. Fee rebate: that’s the option I like more as it’s well-connected to the usage of the product suite and adds utility to it. As @william suggested, we can add a plain fee rebate/discount on the performance fee, so could be a good fit both for large LPs with fee discounts and for small LPs with gas fee rebates.

I’d be happy to hear the other ideas you have in mind, and I’m keen to hear other voices from our community about this. Would love to see this becoming a structured proposal and get voted by IDLE tokenholders. Thanks for starting this discussion!

4 Likes