[JOB] Dev League - Open Applications (M3)

Summary

This proposal opens up the application window to new members for the next Dev League during Mandate #3.

Dev League Specs:

• Mandate Duration: 3 months since members’ election via snapshot poll;
  • Budget Management: N-of-M MultiSig wallet (depending on final Leagues members after applications). One key per member (Advisors and Devs)

:briefcase: Immediately Available Roles:

• 1 part-time Front-end developer
  • 1 full-time Smart contract developer

Areas of Responsibility:

• Front-end development:

• Work closely with other developers and designers to scope and build delightful frontends and dApps that allow users to interact with IDLE smart contracts;
    • Maintain and improve IDLE’s existing frontends and projects;
    • Write up quick experimental UIs over short time frames without outside design input, and drive the IDLE user experience forward.
  • Smart contract development:

• Build new Idle strategies and products on top
    • Deploy IIPs and contracts approved by the Governance
    • Perform security reviews
    • Provide technical feedback on community discussions and new technologies

Front-end Developer – Monthly Compensation:

Role Fixed salary Bonus
Senior Dev level 2 $8-9k 300 $IDLE
Senior Dev level 1 $6-8k 225 $IDLE
Mid-level Dev $4-6k 150 $IDLE
Junior Dev $3-4k 100 $IDLE

The compensations listed here are calculated as Full-time compensations, consider calculating them depending on the available role (e.g. if the available role is part-time, consider half of the compensation).

Front-end Developer – Seniority Guidelines:

• Senior Dev level 2: 10+ years of experience in software engineering/front-end development, with 3+ years of provable experience with web3 libraries.

• Senior Dev level 1: 7+ years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with 1-2 years of provable experience with web3 libraries.

• Mid-level Dev: 3-7 years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with up to 1 year of provable experience with web3 libraries.

• Junior Dev: Less than 3 years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with up to 6 months of provable experience with web3 libraries.

The ideal candidate would fill a Mid-level or Senior level 1 position.
    For all the seniority levels it is required to have deep knowledge of Javascript; extensive experience in React.js, Vue.js, or similar front-end frameworks; experience with web3 libraries (ethers.js, web3.js); strong CSS skills.

Bonus: design skills and experience with Solidity.

Smart Contract Developer – Monthly Compensation:

Role Fixed salary Bonus
Senior Dev level 2 $10-11k 300 $IDLE
Senior Dev level 1 $8-9k 225 $IDLE
Mid-level Dev $6-7k 150 $IDLE
Junior Dev $4-5k 100 $IDLE

The compensations listed here are calculated as Full-time compensations, consider calculating them depending on the available role (e.g. if the available role is part-time, consider half of the compensation).

Smart Contract Developer – Seniority Guidelines:

• Senior Dev level 2: 7+ years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with 3+ years of provable experience in DeFi/Solidity development.
  • Senior Dev level 1: 7+ years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with 1-2 years of provable experience in DeFi/Solidity development.
  • Mid-level Dev: 3-7 years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with up to 1 year of provable experience in DeFi/Solidity development.
  • Junior Dev: Less than 3 years of experience in computer science/software engineering, with up to 6 months of provable experience in DeFi/Solidity development.

Contributors would receive their fixed salary according to the following composition: 50% in ETH/stablecoins, 50% in unlocked $IDLE.

The $IDLE bonus would be accessible with a 3-month Opyn Vesting Option with strike price = 20% * current price at the time of issuance (in other words, 80% discount of the market price at the time of issuance). The option will be vested for 3 months, and after which contributors will have 3 additional months for the exercise. The option will be issued at the end of the next mandate, after community’s positive vote for team reconfirmation.

In general, these guidelines help candidates to better position themselves and give Leagues members a starting point for shaping out the compensation plan and workflow. Yet, experience and area of expertise have marginal importance when building complex projects from scratch, particularly in an experimental space like DeFi. What does matter is a burning desire to learn more, constantly improve yourself, and solve tricky problems on a daily basis. However, as we took an incrementally growing structure for Idle Leagues, you can assure yourself that whatever you contribute (in terms of an engineer or otherwise) is always heard and discussed.

Selected applicants will enter a 2-week sprint phase, where they would receive the midpoint compensation for their seniority level. After this bootstrap sprint, current Leagues’ members will define the final compensation package. In this timeframe, current Leagues’ members have the right to upgrade/downgrade if it’s clear that the proposed seniority level is not matched.

:mailbox_with_mail: Open applications

Although we are looking for someone to cover a specific role currently available for this League, we encourage anyone interested in working with Idle Leagues to submit a spontaneous application, even if they don’t see their preferred role or position in the post.

We appreciate anyone interested in working in the Idle ecosystem: current Leagues members will review all applications received to evaluate them with the community.

:shield: Advisors

Responsibilities:

• Guide devs in planning and delivery phases;
  • Provide feedback about technical solutions and approaches to devs;

Preferred areas of expertise:

• Software Engineering experience
  • Experience in Designing, building and testing smart contracts and related infrastructure
  • Technical and practical understanding of DeFi
  • Knowledge of Solidity and smart contract development

Advisors - Monthly Compensation:

$850 + 25 $IDLE

Contributors would receive their fixed salary according to the following composition: 50% in ETH/stablecoins, 50% in unlocked $IDLE.

The $IDLE bonus would be accessible with a 3-month Opyn Vesting Option with strike price = 20% * current price at the time of issuance (in other words, 80% discount of the market price at the time of issuance). The option will be vested for 3 months, and after which contributors will have 3 additional months for the exercise. The option will be issued at the end of the next mandate, after community’s positive vote for team reconfirmation.

:inbox_tray: How to apply

Reply below this post with the following information:

• Role and Seniority levels: Choose only one role to apply for and specify related seniority level;
  • Introduction: Briefly introduce yourself and your working experience.
    Applicants can stay anonymous, but a portfolio of past activities is required to evaluate the skills of the applicant (candidates must include their public repository such as GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.);
  • Motivation: What makes you a good profile for this position?

:alarm_clock: Deadline: Applications will be open until 2021-08-17T13:00:00Z .

The window can be extended by 7 days more to collect more applications if needed.

6 Likes
  • Smart contract Developer - Junior-level Dev

• I’ve been a full stack developer for 3+ years proficient with React, Node.js, MongoDB and GraphQL and also smart contractor developer(Solidity) for almost a year but mostly special in subgraph development with thegraph. I’ve currently built/deployed about 5 subgraphs such as paraswap, bprotocol, vechain and uniswap-v2 subgraphs. Link to these subgraphs and other dapp projects are found in my github page: masterbid · GitHub

• I believe so much in decentralization and web3, I’m a team player with a continuous hunger for growth and development with a zeal to learn new things and become better everyday

6 Likes

Hi, I’m a mid-level dev.
I’m currently working outside crypto and i would like to get into.
I’ve done some experiments in my free time (unfinished for now), in particular a compound’s liquidation bot made with node.js and typescript and a fully web3 solana wallet client with Angular.
Currently I’m working with Yacme srl (a Make-it srl company) and I’m working as a fullstack developer at the main product of the company, Zefiro (Zefiro). Also, i’ve develop some clients both for public goods like Arter, Ergo, both for banks (Leumi Bank, Banca Ifis).
I’ve teached in Angular basic courses sometimes.
The first time i get in touch with crypto was in 2012, but I was more involved since 2017.
This year I went to the ethcc and it was very nice, so i started thinking to get more involved in the crypto word.
I would like to create something for you to evaluated my skills if you’re interested.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Hi, thanks for applying, could you please share your github profile or some of your work?

We are sponsoring this hackathon https://defi.devpost.com/ which is open until Aug 15th (but it’s ok for next Monday too when the application period is over), would be great to see a submission for this as part of the application for the Dev League (also open to @masterbid of course).

An idea could be to develop a contract that uses interest generated through Idle to buy another token, eg WETH (sort of DCA), even better if there is a mini UI for this

1 Like

Smart contract developer - Senior Dev level 1
As an experienced Smart contract developer, I am very interested in this role.
Have 3 years experience in Solidity.
Familiar frameworks are hardhat and truffle.

3 Likes

Hi William,

this is the bot (my first attempt with web3, I know it’s a bit messy):
https://gitlab.com/thursdaykaraoke/adelia/-/tree/develop

and this is the wallet (after my holidays i would like to finish it):
https://gitlab.com/bast1/midday

The other code are under the copyright of my company/ the customer company,
I cannot share it, if you want I can make some screenshots maybe.

Currently I’m on Holiday till 29/08 and I haven’t a serious internet connection until 23/08.

Francesco

4 Likes

Can you share some of your work / your github profile? Thanks

Hi William.

4 Likes

what is your email that I can send to?

• Role and Seniority levels:
    Front-end developer - Mid-level Dev
  • Introduction: Hello,
    I’m Andrew a passionate developer that wants to change the inefficient economic world we live in
    I want to help as much as I can
    7 years+ in software engineering
  • Motivation: Having an opportinity to reshape incentives for everyone is my biggest motivation, i think humanity can change for good if we distribute better our resources to ultimately become an interplanetary species

A hackathon NFT proyect for lootboxes GitHub - arbreton/CryptoEgg: A crypto egg collectible Dapp written in react.js with responsive design for

5 Likes

Thanks to all of you for all the applications so far @masterbid @1bst1 @anderson725 @0xMars @arbreton.

I want to share these tasks with all of you, that you can complete to help us in the decision process without the need to publish all your previous work:

For the Smart Contract Developer position:

• Create a simple contract that allow users to deposit DAI in idleDAI Best Yield contract
    and reinvest the interest generated in WETH. It does not need to be polished
    but at least working in fork with a script (either a migration or an hardhat
    task or whatever reproducible).
    The idleDAI address is 0x3fE7940616e5Bc47b0775a0dccf6237893353bB4 (you can find it here) and the interface with all methods can be found in the developers doc

For the Front-end Developer position:

• Create a mini UI (possibily hosted somewhere) that allows to deposit and redeem DAI in idleDAI contract (same address and same doc as for the Smart contract dev task)

Of course the more complete the solutions are the better it is.
We can keep the same deadline as for the applications. The submissions can be sent here directly via forum DM with the github repo link to me or @emixprime, solutions will be then published at the end of the application period. If you have tech questions feel free to join our Discord in the #dev-support channel Here → Idle

8 Likes

To give some more info for the Smart Contract Developer position task: ideally there should be a deposit (to let user deposit DAI), a redeem (to redeem all DAI deposited + interest in WETH), a claim (to get only the interest generated, in WETH) and an harvest (a method that can be called periodically to sell the interest generated from the entire pool and convert it in WETH) method

3 Likes

Solidity Developer - Junior Dev

A backend developer with over two(2) years of experience. Started learning about blockchain technology eight months ago. Click here to view my Github repo.

Facing new challenges.

4 Likes

Thanks for applying, feel free to submit your solution for the challenge above

• frontend develoepr, senior dev level 1
  • I am a fullstack & blockchain developer and have built many websites.
    Also, have good experience in smart contract & dapp development.
2 Likes

Can you please share a public repo? :slightly_smiling_face:
As mentioned in the guidelines, it’s required to apply for the available positions (add this repo by modifying your first message please)

what is your email?
I will send my project and portfolio to you.

Good evening from here,
I’m Jeremiah Noah, I’ve worked on tonnes of projects including an airdrop contract, multisig wallet,a multisender dApp, a social money dApp, implemented IdleFinance in the just concluded ethglobal hackathon(and we won prize), also currently building a decentralized Thrift system, Quite very much interested in Defi and smart contract security. Find below link to my GitHub repository

applying for the junior/mid-level solidity dev role

would be working on same task posted up there right?

3 Likes

if i’ll be working on the same task, i could commence right away…and would love to also know timeline for the task. Thank you @emixprime @william

2 Likes

You should update your first message and add there your public repo as your portfolio of past work
(so please don’t send anything in DM)

The key aspect of these onboarding processes is that the community will vote and elect for each candidate, so every information of candidates must be visible and into this forum thread :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes