2020 was a terrific year for Idle. With the community’s growing engagement, the team delivered a consistent stream of protocol improvements and saw major traction across a range of metrics.
To recap, here’s an incomplete list of some of the bigger milestones that were achieved in 2020:
- Multiple upgrades and improvements
- Support for numerous assets and protocols
- Risk-Adjusted strategy introduction in partnership with DeFiScore
- Multi-protocols’ yield-farming strategies
- $IDLE governance token release
- $220M max peak of TVL in Idle
- Community-led improvements to governance module
Idle is a living, on-chain protocol that is now governed by $IDLE holders. We’re delighted with what we and the community delivered so far, but it will have a minimal impact unless we all continue to deliver in 2021.
This post will outline what has been discussed by the community, and what could be shipped this year.
As part of the process for determining the priorities this year, we’re keen to discuss with our community and signal what should be focused on, both at a high level and in more detail. Through the governance process, we would use this feedback to shape an actionable plan for the protocol.
This post aims to help new users understand our community-led vision and future directions, as well as align priorities, communicate values, and organize planning.
Below is the list of themes that generated the most community engagement and we believe we should tackle this year, without a particular prioritization. These items are proposals only and are subject to change via community consensus.
The following list sets out different topics divided by the effort required to achieve them. Under “high-effort” we’re collecting proposals that need a careful planning phase and months of development; the “low-effort” category lists quick improvements. “New ideas” are topics that might be explored and then added to one of the previous categories.
- Coverage to protect against loss (Forum post)
- Smart Treasury implementation (Forum post) [WIP]
- Fee structure reorganization (Forum post)
- New underlying protocols implementation (e.g. Aave V2 Forum post)
- ETH implementation (Forum post)
- Long Term LPs program implementation
- Multiple external security audits on current and future code
- New assets implementations
- Batched deposits and withdrawals [deposit WIP]
- Create Committees for bounties and grants (Forum post)
- $IDLE staking (Forum post)
- Create tools/docs to facilitate integrations
- Vault products development
- Incentivize open rebalances
- Fee sharing program for integrators
- Improve the voting system
- $IDLE as collateral on MakerDAO (@Alanone)
- Tranches/CDOs-like strategy (@Falcone)
2021 is shaping up to be a huge year for Idle. We spent the back-end of 2020 forming a rough consensus within our community for governance decisions, and we’ll be continuing that process this year.
This will include using the community’s input to prioritize the items for any releases, whether it’s through Discord or here on our governance forum.
If there’s anything in here you wish to talk about further, drop a comment down here!