Treasury League and Dev League
This proposal upgrades Governor Alpha, the current Governance framework, to Governor Bravo - introducing several key improvements on the decisional process.
Idle Governance contracts are based on Compound Governor Alpha, a battle-tested fully on-chain module that allows token holders to permissionless propose protocol improvements, vote proposals, delegate their votes, execute protocol changes.
The Governor Alpha contract has become a standard in the Ethereum community. It demonstrated robustness and transparency for on-chain processes, with composability via meta-governance features.
In March 2021, Compound DAO deployed an upgraded version of it: Governor Bravo.
A comparison between the two infrastructures is reported in this article by Tally.
All the above improvements are important, but the crucial ones are:
- More flexibility in voting options;
- Upgradability of the key Governance parameters (proposal submission threshold, quorum threshold, voting delay, and voting periods)
To foster the migration, Idle Leagues included in the brand new Idle Grants Program 2.0 the RFP-13 “Upgrade Idle Governor Alpha to Compound Governor Bravo”.
The new implementation is available here:
- GovernorBravoDelegate | 0xe8707753c468238723887a4b7b47495a2d311f85 (Delegate, ie Implementation)
- GovernorBravoDelegator | 0x3d5fc645320be0a085a32885f078f7121e5e5375 (Delegator, ie Proxy)
- Update to Governor Bravo: 3 action
- Send $3000 in $IDLE to Dantop: 1 action
We are going to leave this thread open for comments regarding these changes, and in about one week, if there are no objections, we will proceed with the Temperature Check.