Idle debit card & app

+1 on some of the concerns that @unicorn has with the debit card idea.

More importantly, however, I’m not sure if spending the resources and efforts in this area is actually worthwhile. There are already other projects out there that are already doing an amazing job with debit cards (like Monolith). Issuing our own card should only be justified imo if users are finding it a pain point to have to transfer from IDLE > ie. Monolith and we’re providing a value prop here by issuing our own white-labeled card in order to eliminate that pain point. It could be a pain point but we’d need more user feedback to know - my gut feeling is that it’s probably a non/small issue atm.

Being a decentralized rebalancing/asset allocation protocol, we’re creating a product that’s meant for investing, and creating our own white-labeled card (meant for spending) would sorta be contradictory to what we’ve been focused on building. I’d much prefer we allocate our resources and effort to expanding the depth of our existing products. ie I really really liked the idea of implementing tranches that was posted as another proposal awhile back which would be laser-focused on what idle’s been building already. I’m not completely opposed to the debit card idea, but 1) we should first deduce if we’re really providing a strong value prop by issuing our own card and 2) prioritize on differentiating idle further from other rebalancing/asset allocation defi projects before we get deeper into issuing white-labeled debit cards.

3 Likes