IDLE token improvement proposals

thanks @Biaf for pointing out the right resources, and I concur re premium features that we could research and get some feedback from institutional LPs.

In general, I believe that if we expand the current product suite towards underlying yield strategies such as leveraged/folding yield (recursive lending/borrowing to leverage yield), delta-neutral or option-based strategies, that’s the vertical where premium features might lie – these strategies need to have a max capacity, and stkIDLE holders might get priority access to them.

Glad to hear @matus.eth’s other idea, my 2 gwei about them:

Looks interesting, would you mind expanding on the benefit on other protocols? Do you mean something like rebates?

I guess this applies more to underlying integration like Lido/Clearpool/Compound/Aave, rather than ontop integration (like Shapeshift/Yearn/Harvest), as for the latter there’s already the Integration Partner Program as incentives. Btw, at the current time, we’ve Lido DAO with about 25k IDLE coming from our D2D collab in 2022.

Eheh like this idea, and actually got some similar thoughts from the team using account abstraction infras similar to InstaDapp’s Avocado – not sure it’d be a great UX improvement to use only IDLE as gas currency, but with a multichain future it might be useful to have native AA that would let users deposit into any preferred chain without the need to switch, allow users to pay gas with the token they want to deposit, and use IDLE as an alternative gas currency (with a lower cost).

I feel that as of now, the priority might go over rebates with stkIDLE as an update of the current staking module – ofc happy to hear IDLE holders’ opinions, so probably it’d be natural to run a snapshot about it as the next step and see where Idle DAO wants to go!

2 Likes