[JOB] Communication & Marketing League - Open Applications (M3)

Summary

This proposal opens up the application window to new members for the next Communication & Marketing League during Mandate #3.

Communication & Marketing League specs

• Mandate Duration: 3 months since members’ election via snapshot poll;
  • Budget Management: N-of-M MultiSig wallet (depending on final Leagues members after applications). One key per member (Advisors and Contributors).

:briefcase: Immediately Available Roles:

• 1 UI/UX and Communication Designer (part-time)

Areas of Responsibility:

• UI/UX and Communication Design
    • Communication and social design
    • Make design and style of communications coherent across all channels
    • Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
    • Designing UI elements
    • Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
    • User requirements evaluation with Product Managers and Developers

Monthly Compensation:

Seniority Fixed salary Bonus
Senior level 2 $7-8k 300 $IDLE
Senior level 1 $5-6k 225 $IDLE
Mid-level $3-4k 150 $IDLE
Junior $1-2k 100 $IDLE

The compensations listed here are calculated as Full-time compensations, consider calculating them depending on the available role (e.g. if the available role is part-time, consider half of the compensation).

Contributors would receive their fixed salary according to the following composition: in ETH/stablecoins or unlocked $IDLE, depending on their choice to declare in advance.

The $IDLE bonus would be accessible with a 3-month Opyn Vesting Option with strike price = 20% * current price at the time of issuance (in other words, 80% discount of the market price at the time of issuance). The option will be vested for 3 months, and after which contributors will have 3 additional months for the exercise. The option will be issued at the end of the next mandate, after community’s positive vote for team reconfirmation.

Seniority Guidelines:

• Senior level 2: 8+ years in web2 industries or 5+ in crypto, and 2+ years of working provable experience in DeFi.

• Senior level 1: 5-7 years in web2 industries or 3 in crypto, and 1-2 years of working provable experience in DeFi.

• Mid-level: 2-4 years in web2 industries or 2-3 in crypto, and up to 1 year of working provable experience in DeFi.

• Junior: less than 2 years in web2 industries or 1 in crypto, and up to 6 months in DeFi.

For all the seniority levels, the experience required is in UI/UX Design, Product Design, Wireframing (and knowledge of design platforms such as Sketch, Figma).

In general, these guidelines help candidates to better position themselves and give Leagues’ members a starting point for shaping out the compensation plan and workflow.

Yet, experience and area of expertise have marginal importance when building complex projects from scratch, particularly in an experimental space like DeFi.

What does matter is a burning desire to learn more, constantly improve yourself, and solve tricky problems on a daily basis. However, as we took an incrementally growing structure for Idle Leagues, you can assure yourself that whatever you contribute (in terms of an engineer or otherwise) is always heard and discussed.

Selected applicants will enter a 2-week sprint phase, where they would receive the midpoint compensation for their seniority level. After this bootstrap sprint, current Leagues’ members will define the final compensation package. In this timeframe, current Leagues’ members have the right to upgrade/downgrade if it’s clear that the proposed seniority level is not matched.

:mailbox_with_mail: Open applications

Although we are looking for someone to cover a specific role currently available for this League, we have other open positions for Treasury and Dev Leagues.

We encourage anyone interested in working with Idle Leagues to submit a spontaneous application, even if they don’t see their preferred role or position in the post.

We appreciate anyone interested in working in the Idle ecosystem: current Leagues members will review all applications received to evaluate them with the community.

:shield: Advisors

Responsibilities:

• Serve as a sounding board off of which Leagues members can bounce new ideas
  • Be knowledgeable of policies that may impact the organization’s decisions, programs, etc.
  • Provide continuity and stability as Leagues structure and responsibilities changes
  • Provide an outside view or perspective
  • Provide Leagues with DeFi and community connections

Preferred areas of expertise:

• Product marketing management
  • Community social channels management
  • Communication and social design

Advisors - Monthly Compensation:

$650 + 25 $IDLE

Contributors would receive their fixed salary according to the following composition: in ETH/stablecoins or unlocked $IDLE, depending on their preference (to declare in advance).

The $IDLE bonus would be accessible with a 3-month Opyn Vesting Option with strike price = 20% * current price at the time of issuance (in other words, 80% discount of the market price at the time of issuance). The option will be vested for 3 months, and after which contributors will have 3 additional months for the exercise. The option will be issued at the end of the next mandate, after community’s positive vote for team reconfirmation.

:inbox_tray: How to apply

Reply below this post with the following information.

• Role and Seniority levels: Choose only one role to apply for and specify related seniority level;
  • Introduction: Briefly introduce yourself and your working experience. Applicants can stay anonymous, but a portfolio of past activities is required to evaluate the skills of the applicant (please share a public portfolio for the designer position + a public social profile);
  • Motivation: What makes you a good profile for this position?

:alarm_clock: Deadline: Applications will be open until 2021-08-17T13:00:00Z

The window can be extended by 7 days more to collect more applications if needed.

6 Likes

UI/UX Design
Senior level 1 :
Over 5 years experience successfully launching product
Currently working with SKY / Now TV creating mobile products, Deliverables.
Experience in SAAS, E gaming, Health, and Education.

My online portfolio is www.inkandcolour.co.uk
www.linkedin.com/in/deleowo

I am ready to make a change in disrupting the market, through your fantastic Value Proposition. I have experience designing across multi and native platforms. I would bring value by facilitating sprint sessions and growth hacking with the team.

This role will allow me to demonstrate my strong skills in design problem solving and dedicated team player efforts whilst learning from, and contributing to, those around me. I feel confident that my abilities would prove an asset to IDLE Finance. I have collaborated with marketing and product owners and developers / engineers to create user-friendly content and target specific audiences to Increase in inbound lead generation by 310%. I get things done essentially.

2 Likes

Can you modify your application by adding a social profile link? (could be your Twitter or LinkedIn)

:spiral_calendar: DEADLINE EXTENDED :loudspeaker:

Since we’ve seen a lot of interest in applying to the Leagues positions for the next mandate, and since we require more time to evaluate applicants’ experience (so as to give our final feedback to the community), the deadline for applications is extended for 7 days :arrow_heading_down:

:alarm_clock: The new deadline is Tuesday 2021-08-24T13:00:00Z

4 Likes

UI/UX Designer
Junior level

My name is Sunny Chauhan and I am an UI/UX designer. I have expertise in Graphics, Motion Graphics and UI Design. I have a total experience of close to 2 years. Have worked with organisations in different verticals like E-Commerce, IT, Retail. With full determination and dedication, I would like to learn and give my value addition to the company at the same time. As an individual I would love to work with Idle and give a proper glide path to my career and I will also prove to be a valuable asset to the organisation in the coming future.

I have Experience in different software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD, Figma & Invision.

Linkedin Profile: Click Here
Behance Profile: Click Here

2 Likes

UI/UX Design
Senior level 1

I’m a digital product designer based in Zagreb. Before 2021 I worked across the fintech, automotive, and transportation industries. I enjoy creating products from the ground up and building out an organized design system and component library. Additionally, I co-owns a small design studio and teach at University of Zagreb.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lukaperic/

1 Like

also, here is my Dribbble link Luka Perić | Dribbble

:loudspeaker: APPLICATIONS PERIOD IS OVER :loudspeaker:

Thanks to all the candidates for their applications, we are glad to see so many people interested in joining Idle Leagues! :grinning:

The application period is over: current Leagues’ members will take 24 hours to internally align on the various candidates’ evaluations and then share final feedback to the Idle community :hourglass:

Please note that all compensations written in the tables are calculated for full-time positions (so part-time roles and applications would be the half).

5 Likes

FEEDBACK FROM IDLE LEAGUES :mega:

With the goal of providing more information about the candidates and helping the community through the voting process, the C&M League would like to share feedback regarding the applicants.

• @Dele2021 (UI/UX Designer, Part-time, Senior level 1) → the profile does not seem aligned with the proposed seniority level; little experience with fintech, no experience with DeFi
  • @sunny (UI/UX Designer, Part-time, Junior level) → the profile is aligned with the proposed seniority level, but we feel it wouldn’t be a perfect fit at the current time for the design tasks required in the C&M League; no experience with fintech nor with DeFi
  • @Luka_p (UI/UX Designer, Part-time, Senior level 1) → the profile seems aligned with the design tasks required in the C&M League, and the proposed seniority level is respecting past experiences (including fintech), but no experience with DeFi
1 Like

Leagues Election Polls

:writing_hand: We can now move to the next step, the election phase:

:arrow_right: UI/UX Designer election (Idle Holders): HERE
:arrow_right: UI/UX Designer election (Idle Stakers): HERE

:alarm_clock: All the snapshots will last 3 days, until 2021-08-29T23:00:00Z

4 Likes

ELECTION’S RESULTS :mega:

The voting phase is over! :end:

Final $IDLE voting weights were calculated using the approved calculator.

These are the election’s results: congratulations to @Luka_p (elected as Part-time UI/UX Designer) :fireworks:

The next steps are members onboarding and operations setup.
Idle Leagues Mandate #3 officially began today: ready to push Idle and bring it to the stars :sparkles::rocket:

4 Likes

BOOTSTRAP SPRINT - NEW MEMBER UPDATE :mega:

This is an update about the 2-week sprint phase for new members of the Communication & Marketing League:

The new member @Luka_p showed a correct fit for the position he has applied for (UI/UX Designer), working actively on the Idle re-branding activity mainly on the design aspect, giving clear contribution thanks to its experience.

Thus, from us, it is officially a green light to working with the League :partying_face:

9 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @emixprime ! I’m happy to be on board!

7 Likes