Better Governance Process communication for IDLE DAO

Authors

Godwin

Summary

The current governance process documentation is rather difficult to navigate for any average DAO member. It’s like trying to find a way in a confusing maze, and I want to fix that using Syncvote (this is a product I am building) - the platform specifically designed to streamline workflows, facilitate decision-making, and ensure that every member’s input is considered.

I want community members to feel like they are navigating a clear and straightforward path, rather than getting lost in a sea of links.

Rationale
Problems:

As a new member learning about Idle DAO governance process and wanting to make new proposal to the DAO, I find these are the problems that create a barrier for new member to join and participating in the DAO:

• Inconsistent guidance within the same document, causing confusion on what to follow (eg: In the docs, “Governance process” section indicates the on-chain proposal happens on Tally, but the “Guides” section shows “how-to” on Idle app Governance dashboard)
  • No clear step-by-step guideline on what needs to be done by whom in each stage of the governance process, causing extra time and effort for clarification & coordination between proposer & admins
  • The most important and high-frequency-used documents and links (eg: the most updated governance process, proposal templates, Snapshot spaces, Tally spaces…) are not pinned somewhere obvious on Forum & Discord, taking new DAO members a lot of time, patience and effort to navigate and onboard themselves.

Solution:

I’ve already made a new presentation of IDLE Governance Process and in the next step section below, I outline the actions needed for IDLE DAO to adopt Syncvote.

My co-founder helps me created a video to illustrate how the new presentation is better for Idle DAO to communicate the governance process and make it easier for admins to manage any future update of the processhelp you easily comprehend the reasons behind this proposal and what lies ahead: Idle DAO <> Syncvote demo (loom.com)

Expected outcome will be like this:

Next Step

I propose to use our redesigned workflow as the official governance process document.

Next steps will be (for more details, I will put in the comments below):

1. Replace governance process docs by Syncvote’s redesign workflow IDLE Governance Process by Syncvote. To be specific, the governance process will be put with a hyperlink to the workflow. When community members click to this thread, it will lead them to Syncvote interface.

2. Put the text and link in Governance Guide in :handshake: Start Here channel in Discord

3. I will write an updated version of this post to instruct people on governance process: [[Guide] – Community Governance Process - :handshake: Start Here / :books:Guides - Idle]

4. Create a box with “IDLE governance process framework” in: [Latest :classical_building: Governance topics – Idle]. Reason: Normally people will come right to the Governance Category when they think of Governance, so having some instructions there will bring good experiences for community members.

Conclusion

The goal of this proposal is to improve the governance experience of the Idle’s community members. I fully respected the current governance process and did not make any change to it.

For me personally, I’ve been joining hundred of DAOs since I start develop Syncvote and I find Idle team is one of the most active and welcoming team, that’s why I would like to do my contribution to improve Idle community.

I would also be happy to update the workflow if there’s anything mismatched or missing; or transfer the editor right for you anytime.

2 Likes

Next Steps in details

1. Replace governance process docs by Syncvote’s redesign workflow . To be specific, the governance process will be put with a hyperlink (SyncVote App) to the workflow. When community members click to this thread, it will lead them to Syncvote interface.
1 Like

Hi @Godwin and thanks for your post.
I appreciate the effort you put on this proposal and in general I see the value of Syncvote as an ‘aggregator’ for all the various governance steps. I think we can integrate the Syncvote App links in various sections to show the governance process in a more visual an coherent way. What do you think @Teo @Biaf ?

1 Like

Agree with you, it may be helpful.

I’ll need to double-check that all the info is correct first, then we can add a reference both in the documentation and governance.

Would also be easier if you,@Godwin, could give me editor rights to the page you created.

2 Likes

Hi @william , nice meeting you here

That’s exactly what I want to do further

Hi @Biaf ,

Of course, please give me your email, so I could transfer the editor right for you.

You could send it here, or DM me to my discord: godwin13 for more confidential.

1 Like

Added a reference in our Documentation to Syncote

:arrow_right: Link to the Idle DAO governance process Syncvote page

2 Likes