[Update] - Smart Treasury - Propsal & Code Review

@8bitporkchop this is the address of the Idle rebalancer Address 0xb3c8e5534f0063545cbbb7ce86854bf42db8872b | Etherscan if you need to whitelist as mentioned in the github issue SmartTreasuryBootstrap and FeeCollector rev 2 · Issue #5 · AsafSilman/idle-smart-treasury · GitHub

This address (or potentially any other used to call the deposit) should have some funding for gas expenses. This by the way is the same address used for rebalances across all Idle protocol, currently we are paying for the all these rebalances (for reference check the TxsFees tab in analytics) , but we need to setup a way to fund these expenses through fees collected and maybe this could be a good time for that. By adding the rebalancer address as one of the beneficiary of the fees with a small % we can ensure at least a stream of ETH to support this expenses. The % used should then be adjusted in the following weeks/months to ensure all gas expenses gets covered. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I think this makes sense,

it’s reasonable to fund the rebalancer to keep IDLE sustainable. Potentially in the future, we could completely automate this process through something like keep3r. As an initial allocation, we could do

80% buyback, 15% to fee treasury, 5% to rebalancer.

3 Likes

Thank you William for the proposal!

I am a big fan of Idle and of the Smart Treasury idea.

I am willing to do a peer-review. I think that the rewards should be sized depending of the extension of the specific activities.

I’ve seen projects which preferred to have a part-time/dedicated group for that activity. I think that’s too early for now and for this we can proceed with the suggested options/rewards.

Unfortunately this week, I am busy and can be more free at the end. Anyway, I will try to do my best to take a look before.

Regarding the multisig, I am sorry to hear that @Fernando had to get back for potential liabilities but I can understand. I am not an high profile like him but I would offer my support in this venture as backup signer. Let me know if it’s ok for you.

7 Likes

Thank you @emilianobonassi , it makes sense. For this specific review a resonable estimate, in terms of effort, I think could probably be about half a day or so given the extension and scope of the 2 contracts.

Having an already designated group of people for peer reviews it’s a great idea in my opinion and something that should be further discussed to speed up this process. Would do you be willing to partake in such initiative?

I think it’s ok, I saw that @8bitporkchop fixed almost all issues so probably the repo will be ready for the peer review by tomorrow EOD. Peer review I think should be open for all this week to let anyone have enough time to study the code.

Should be ok given that you are known in the community too :slight_smile: Feel free to post the address here so it can be added to the multisig

6 Likes

5% should be ok as an initial value, the committee can eventually top up what’s missing or we can setup something different also

2 Likes

I do!

That’s great

Use idle.emiliano.eth

5 Likes

Hi All,

I’ve created a new post for the code review Smart Treasury - Peer Review

5 Likes

@emilianobonassi you have been added to the Gnosis Safe Multisig

4 Likes