Allow for rewards to be redeemed daily for the entire pool and re-invested for compound interest instead of individual redeem each time

Allow for rewards to be redeemed daily for the entire pool and re-invested for compound interest instead of individual redeem each time.

Instead of redeeming my COMP or other governance tokens, it would be preferable that I can instead choose to be among a group of those who choose to have all their gov tokens sold daily and reinvested as the pools’ base currency in order to get compounding interest.

4 Likes

I like this idea, I could see it used quite often by users who aren’t necessarily interested in governance token, I know a free people who would subscribe to this.

I would add though that for this feature, there should be a small fee taken from the profits of the sold governance tokens, and distributed to the treasury fund. This would be to cover transactions costs, and also as a fee for having this process automated. Could be a win-win for liquidity providers, and $IDLE holders.

4 Likes

It’s interesting but seems a bit complicated if you want to keep track of both type of users in the same pool (the one that wants the gov liquidated and the other ones) but doable in some way.

makes sense

the only reason this makes sense its because of gas fees.

from my understanding its a temporary gimmick that will be less needed next quarter when scaling protocols start to take off.

i would rather put time and skills to other initiatives.

1 Like

The cost of gas will not drop soon.
For ETH 2.0 we have to wait at least two years or littel more.
Lending platforms still have preblems to be able to go to L2, so yes, gas will be a problem for a long time to come.

2 Likes

I don’t like this idea at all. It benefits only yield farmers, automating the job for them. They are users who don’t really care about the protocol. They will move their funds to another, better yielding opportunity as soon as available.
We should incentivize holding IDLE, delegating and voting with it, not selling as soon as possible.

5 Likes

I think that @noahniuwa was referring to other governance tokens besides IDLE and it would only makes sense to sell other governance tokens to me (if the community itself is not interested in partecipating in the governance of other protocols for example)