Idle DAO Governance Mining

Is this program stopped without any announcement or is the 30 day reward for August just late for a reason?

1 Like

The #3 governance mining rewards are ready :slightly_smiling_face:

We are a bit late because we have noticed that multiple addresses have tried to cheat the system. Below I explain what I am referring to with the following “rules” change :point_down:

:arrow_right: GOVERNANCE MINING GUIDELINES UPDATE - 09.28.22 :mega:

:bangbang: If you are voting with 0 IDLE, this means you’re trying to cheat the system, and for that, you won’t eligible to get the governance mining rewards :bangbang:

In the latest IIP, we noticed that multiple addresses cast their on-chain vote with 0 IDLE (so no voting power, they are just spending gas fees by casting the on-chain vote).

If you take a look at these addresses, you’ll notice a “Cast Vote” on-chain activity for many DAOs, without having the governance tokens of these DAOs (e.g.,by taking a look at this address):

The reason for doing such a thing is that the on-chain activity is recorded as valid anyway, so for any DAOs initiatives (such as airdrop, retroactive rewards, or the Idle governance mining initiative itself), these addresses turn out to have the voting activity done, thus to be eligible to benefit from those initiatives.

In the case of Idle DAO, this represents cheating the system, thus not being eligible to access governance mining rewards.

1 Like

Aren’t the rewards only for IDLE community snapshots and on chain polls, forum and discord activity?

Cos i do see people get scores now for nothing related the above.

Also wondering, what about those who delegated there vote to someone else, are those people getting any score?
In fact those people are still voting. :sweat_smile: but cos someone else do it with their idle, they aren’t rewarded?

Last months a lot is written about this program, but still not a official statement if it will continue or not.
( @Teo )

Even after the last reward, there was a (voting) tweet that promoted the Mining program.
Also, after the last reward it was stated that within a week there would be more information in this topic.

hey @AllinCrypto – As analyzed by @BSBA_Bocconi, the Governance Mining program can be considered officially closed now with the last January distribution. Check out the post below for more detail about it.

Regarding Twitter, or any other public communication from Idle DAO, there won’t be any mention of the Governance Mining program.

1 Like

Hi @Teo , thanks for your reply.

It wasn’t clear to me that this report from a student group automatically was the ending.
I thought that the team was coming with his own opinion and conclusion(s) and how to continue.
Wondering what’s next.

Glad to clarify. The report concluded with the fact that the program should’ve been paused and the budget dedicated to other initiatives; the team has been endorsing it in the same post. Either way, stay tuned for the following meta delegates updates in that regard.

1 Like